OPIC Training Information
All University of California ANR Pesticide Policy Trainings are virtual currently. These trainings are intended for campus, field station and county-based University of California personnel that apply experimental pesticides either on UC property or on cooperators' land.
Topics to be covered:
Requirements and responsibilities for conducting pesticide experiments at UC ANR
Pesticide applicator licensing requirements
Pesticide use recommendations
Trainings will be offered in the spring of 2023. There are no fees for these sessions and three (3) hours of Laws and Regulations Continuing Education units (CEUs) will be offered.
The Office of Pesticide Information and Coordination (OPIC), established in 1962, by the University of California’s Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR), coordinates and reviews University of California activities pertaining to pesticide research, experimentation, and use. The office is responsible for
- Annual training for University of California employees who use experimental pesticides
- Quality assurance of UC ANR publications recommending pesticide uses
- Advising University of California personnel on matters pertaining to safe and legal use of pesticides for research, demonstration and extension purposes
- Advising state agencies on matters pertaining to University of California pesticide experimentation and use
- Pest Management Guidelines review
- UC ANR pest management publications review
- UC Pesticide Use and Experimentation Policy
OPIC Manuscript Review
UC ANR manuscripts that include trade or chemical names of a pesticide(s) must be checked by this office before UC ANR peer review is considered complete and the manuscript can be published by UC ANR. This process assures that all recommendations are in accordance with existing laws, regulations and the pesticide registration at the time of publication.
Associate editors: Click here to upload a manuscript for OPIC review. Following review, you will receive an email from OPIC with a Statewide Pesticide Coordinator Certification. Please upload the certificate in Manuscript FastTrack as an attachment and sign the MF-21 submittal form.
Respirator Fit Testing
If you are looking for the respirator fit testing program, you can find this here.