Healthy Families and Communities
- Promoting healthy behaviors for childhood obesity prevention
- Encouraging and enhancing youth science literacy
- Promoting positive youth development
Public Value: The HFC SI helps build our state economy, building the capacity and health of our people and communities.
Our Strategic Initiatives help unify, communicate and advocate for the work we do.
The HFC SI panel support this work by bringing a broad spectrum of expertise and practice to help identify key emerging issues. HFC emerging issues include:
- Childhood obesity
- Safe drinking Water - Outdated infrastructure and unreliable water supply
- K-12 Education - Low, unstable funding and poor student performance
- Public safety
See UC Delivers for examples of impact in HFC.
UC ANR members can share the impact of their work - it's easy. Click here to find out how.
See funding opportunities listed with UC ANR Contracts & Grants
See Opportunity & Matching grants (small grants to help with urgent time-sensitive needs)
The past few years California and the nation have faced devastating natural disasters. When we see images of devastation and loss on the news and...
Missy Gable, Director of the UC Master Gardener Program and horticulturalist, hosted the monthly Q&A Facebook Live series for October to answer...
Findings of the 2017 Healthy Kids Survey in Trinity County showed about three-quarters of teens lack healthy social connectivity, and most feel...