Area Subtropical Horticulture AdvisorCooperative Extension Riverside County
21150 Box Springs Road, Ste 202
Moreno Valley, CA 92557-8718
951-683-6491 ext. 224
San Diego County
M.S Plant Science, emphasis in weed science, California State University, Fresno. 2014
B.S Plant Science, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. 2012
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Subtropical Fruits - General
- Citrus - General
- Plant Management Systems
- Plant Protection
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Wright, S.D "; ", " A. Shrestha; " R. B. Hutmacher, G. Banuelos (2013). ". Effect of early termination on Pima Defoliation Yield and Quality." Cotton Journal
- Wright, S.D (2013). "Glufosinate in Widestrike Acala Cotton." Weed Technology
- Rios, S. & M. Rethwisch (2019). Current pest challenges in California date production. California Fresh Fruit. 14-16.
- Rios, S.; Bender, G. (2019). Fire Season is Here: A Review. University of California Cooperative Extension Subtropical Horticulture News. 1:1, 7-9. 9/30/19.
- Rios, S.; Baldwin, R. (2019). Rattlesnakes in California Orchards. California Pest Control Advisor Magazine. XXII:6, 58-62. https://capca.com/publication/capca-adviser-magazine-december-2019/
- Rios, S. (2019). Researchers from Florida Visit California to Update Avocado Growers on Laurel Wilt Disease. University of California Cooperative Extension Subtropical Horticulture News. 1:1, 4-6. 9/30/2019.
- Lara, Jesus; Pickett, Charles; Dodge, Christine; Rios, Sonia; Stouthamer, Richard (2019). Update: What has Become of the Polyphagous Shot Hole Borer in California? California Pest Control Advisor Magazinenia. October 2019:5, 46-52.
- Rios, S.; Pedraza, J.; Faber, B. (2018). After the Fire and Before the Rain, What to Do. Topics in Subtropics. 16, 6-8. http://ceventura.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Topics_in_Subtropics73711.pdf
- Douhan, G.; Faber, B.; Rios, S.; Kallasen, C.; Grafton-Cardwell, B. (2018). An Update on Huanglongbing Disease of Citrus in California. Topics in Subtropics. 17, 7-11. http://ceventura.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Topics_in_Subtropics75039.pdf
- Takele, E.; Rios, S. (2018). Evaluating Cost Effectiveness of High Density Planting of Avocados: Experiment on Water and Pruning. Topics in Subtropics. 17, 8-10. http://ceventura.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Topics_in_Subtropics76791.pdf
- Rios, S.; Hoddle, M. (2018). South American Palm Weevil is a Threat to Coachella Valley Date and Ornamental Palm Growers. Topics in Subtropics. 16, 1-2. http://ceventura.ucanr.edu/newsletters/Topics_in_Subtropics73711.pdf
- Rios, S. (2018). Weed Management in Dates - Tools and Considerations. California Fruit Grower. 35:5, 16-18.
- Wright, S.D. (2013). "Comparing Acala Defoliation timings with Yield and Quality." Crop Management
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Weed - Chair
- Desert - Member
- Floriculture and Nursery - Member
- Sub Tropical Crops - Member
- Wildlife - Member