Associate Vice President
Wendy Powers is director of the Research and Extension Center System & Associate Director of Cooperative Extension and the Agricultural Experiment Station. She is responsible for guiding all ANR academic programs at the statewide level and is chair of the ANR Program Council.
Powers also serves as the statewide program leader for county-based Cooperative Extension programs in every county and oversees the research and extension centers located around the state.
Prior to joining the University of California in June 2016, Powers was a professor and director at Michigan State University for 10 years. She began her academic career at Iowa State University, where she spent 10 years following the completion of graduate degrees at the University of Florida and a bachelor's degree at Cornell University.
Read and subscribe to ANR Associate Vice President Wendy Powers' blog. http://ucanr.edu/ANRAdventures.
Powers' areas of responsibility include:
- Academic personnel
- Affirmative action
- California Water Resources Research Institute
- Nutrition Policy Institute - Lorrene Ritchie
- Program Planning and Evaluation - Joni Rippee
- Program Support Unit - Sherry Cooper
- Research and Extension Centers
- Statewide Programs
- Agricultural Issues Center
- Integrated Pest Management
- Master Gardener Program
- Office of Pesticide Information and Coordination
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Youth, Families and Communities Program
The director of the Research and Extension Center System & Associate Director of Cooperative Extension and the Agricultural Experiment Station advances Divisionwide program priorities through the deployment of resources and the application of criteria for advancement of academic personnel. The position reports directly to the ANR vice president.