Orchard Fruit Resources
- Training and Pruning Tree Fruit (UCCE)
- Tree Fruits: Organic Production Overview (ATTRA) - Provides an overview of issues relevant to commercial organic production of temperate zone tree fruits and, to a lesser extent, tree nuts.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for fruit trees
- Orchard Pest Management (OSA 22)
Photos, descriptions, and management strategies for common pests
- Organic Orchard, Vineyard, & Berry Crop Documentation - the 17 forms in this package are provided as tools that orchardists and viticulturists can use for documenting practices, inputs, and activities that demonstrate compliance with regulations or that assist in other aspects of farm record keeping.
- Fruit & Nut Research and Information Center The Fruit & Nut Research and Information Center was created in 1995 to coordinate and make publicly available University of California research-based information, accomplishments and statewide extension activities in planting, growing and harvesting fruits and nuts.
- Apples- Sonoma County UCCE
Information on all aspects of apple production, ranging from pest and weed control, to general cultural information.
- California Apple Commission
Find information about the latest apple research, educational opportunities, and marketing being done in California.
- WSU's Tree Fruit Research & Extension Center
Apple research, production, pathology & economics. Located in the primary fruit producing region of the world, the center features a cooperative, multidisciplinary approach to tree fruit production in the 21st century.
- Tree Fruit Production Information Sheets (Cornell)
Organic Apple Production
- Apples: Organic Production Guide (ATTRA)
- Insect IPM in Apples: Kaolin Clay - this fact sheet is part of a series highlighting the latest breakthroughs in bio-rational pest control. This fact sheet looks at the use of kaolin (the main ingredient in SurroundWP™) in apple IPM. While kaolin is registered for many crops, it seems especially promising for apple growers.