Forestry Institute for Teachers (FIT) is an immersive week-long Professional Learning Program providing interdisciplinary, hands-on experiences for California Educators.
Each year, FIT brings together formal and nonformal educators from across California to learn about current forestry issues and how they influence our everyday lives. FIT provides forest-based training in environmental literacy with award-winning environmental education curriculum that support and enhance the Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards, Career and Technical Education Standards, and STEAM-based instruction.
- Network and build community with resource professionals and educators from throughout the state
- Are eligible to earn a $300 stipend upon completion of a curriculum project post-program
- Receive certification in Project Learning Tree (PLT) and Project WET
- Complete 50 hours of professional learning
- Are eligible to apply for 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from UC Davis or Cal Poly Humboldt