Garden Guide & Three-Year Journal
Second edition now available
The second edition of the Butte County Garden Guide and Three-Year Journal, with new articles and updated information, has been released. Compiled and edited by the UC-trained Master Gardeners of Butte County, this county-specific book contains tips for every home gardener. All proceeds from the guide go to the Demonstration Garden at Patrick Ranch and other Master Gardener community outreach projects in Butte County.
Choose from two styles
Spiral Bound Garden Guide and Journal is self-contained and lies flat for easy journaling.
Unbound Copies are pre-punched to fit into a 3-ring binder (binder not included). This allows you to adapt and add information per your personal garden style.
Magnolia Gift and Garden
1367 East Ave
Chico, Ca 95926
Get the Garden Guide without leaving your house. An additional $5 will be added for shipping and handling. Please note that the Garden Guides will be shipped media rate and may take up to 5 working days for delivery.
Email us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the Garden Guide.
- Firewise Landscaping NEW
- Sustainable Gardening Practices
- Demonstration Gardens
- Planting Design Basics NEW
- Attracting Pollinators
- Native Plants
- Butte County All-Star Plants
- Soil Basics
- How to Use Mulch
- Compost and Organic Fertilizers
- Integrated Pest Management
- Control of Weeds and Invasive Plants
- Season Overviews
- Seasonal Produce Harvest Lists
- Seasonal Garden Preparation Lists
- Monthly Gardening Tasks
- Native Plant of the Month
- Timely Tips
- Space for Three Years of Notes to Help Track Your Garden's Growth
- How to Prune Trees
- Vegetable Planting Guides for the Chico area and the Foothills
- Fruit Tree Care, Maintenance, and Diseases
- Common Garden Pests (chart with photographs)
- Beneficial Insects (chart with photographs)
View the Garden Guide contents page (pdf) for details.