UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Our Website Address has Changed!
Having difficulty with our site? Please click our new Link!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|FREE Growing Summer Vegetables - Napa||3/7/2019|
|Successful Spring & Summer Vegetables - Napa||3/9/2019|
|Growing Summer Vegetables - Yountville||3/10/2019|
|Home or Worm Composting - St. Helena||3/16/2019|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added February 16, 2019
by Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Starting plants from seed can save you money, allow you to try more interesting varieties and be a lot of fun. Although it can...
Added February 12, 2019
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County I have recently become interested in the plant family Aizoaceae. It is a positively huge family, consisting of many sub-families....
Added February 1, 2019
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Fruit trees provide us with a bounty of fresh food and need only a little care. Four things are needed to keep your fruit...
Added January 29, 2019
by Penny Pawl, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Why do sunflowers follow the sun? This mystery has been researched and hopefully solved. Recently discoveries at U.C. Davis have explained what...
Added January 19, 2019
By Helen Dake, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Many of you know that Master Gardeners share university-based research with Napa County home gardeners through our help desk, public workshops and...
Added January 15, 2019
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Many of us set goals at the start of a new year, and most of us give up on them fairly quickly. How about focusing on your garden...
Added January 5, 2019
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Your garden soil has the ability to absorb and store atmospheric carbon. This process, called carbon sequestration, has been in...