UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Guided Tree Walk - Yountville||10/19/2018|
|Fall Faire - Napa||10/20/2018|
|Toxic and Carnivorous Plants and Mushroom Kits - Napa||10/27/2018|
|Creating Winter Interest in Your Garden- Napa County Library||11/1/2018|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added October 17, 2018
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County A seed packet of Rainbow Floral Strain Mix of coleus is on my table and that is pretty exciting. Better than a box of...
Added October 16, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Fall is a wonderful time to be in the garden. The cooler air is reinvigorating after the long hot days of summer. Fall is also a...
Added October 15, 2018
It's almost time to plant garlic. There are a lot of decisions to be made when choosing garlic. Hardneck or softneck? Many cloves or just a few? Mild or spicy? Comparing all the features of each...
Added September 17, 2018
By Corinne Yoshihara This article is a summary of a seminar conducted by Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County. on gardening in an age of climate change. Greenhouse gases...
Added September 16, 2018
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Something has changed. When I was growing up and for many years afterward, a plate of greens was always, well,...
Added September 14, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Our summer edible gardens will soon be winding down, ready to be replaced by the winter crops. If you are not ready to let go of a...
Added August 24, 2018
The Persephone Period By Helen Dake, UC Master Gardener of Napa County For years, my husband and I grew successful summer gardens. We were so successful that for a while we set up an...