Return to main Camp Home Page
Location: San Mateo/San Francisco County 4-H Camp is held at the Jones Gulch YMCA Camp in La Honda, CA.
Map of Camp
Jones Gulch YMCA Camp Address:
11000 Pescadero Creek Road. La Honda, CA 94020
Camp Emergency Phone: 650-747-1242.
If there is a family emergency, the 4-H Camp Staff and Jones Gulch staff will find your child at any hour.
Registration & enrollment questions:
Please email Zeva Cho at email@example.com
Drop Off/Pick Up
Camp drop off time is 12:30-3:00 PM on Sunday July 14, 2019. If you will be dropping your child after 3:00 PM on Sunday, please indicate the time you expect to arrive at camp and if drop off time will be later than 6:00pm, please provide dinner for your child before coming to camp as the kitchen closes at 7:00 PM.
Camp closes at 12:00 Noon on Friday, July 19, 2019. Your child must be picked up on Friday no later than 1:00 PM; please be on time. If you are unable to pick up your child please arrange a car pool, and let us know on Sunday at registration who will be picking them up. This is important so we can release your child.
Meals: All food is prepared by YMCA kitchen staff. Please be sure to indicate any food allergies your child may have on the Health History form in the 4hOnline registration.
Canteen: Canteen is an on-site store where snacks, candy, and drinks are for sale at camp. Any unused canteen money will be returned at the end of camp. Canteen money must be paid in advance. Campers are not required to participate in the canteen.
The following items you should bring to camp are:
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Flashlight and Batteries
- Warm Jacket
- Two Pairs of Shoes
- Bathing Suit and Beach Towel
- Towels and Wash Cloths for a Week
- Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste
- Soap and Other Personal Items
- Lip Balm
- Insect Repellent (Non-Aerosol type please)
- White T-Shirt to be Tie Dyed
- Clothes for a Week (we have very changeable weather with cool mornings and evenings.)
- Optional items also allowed at camp: Post Cards (bring stamps), Camera, Books, Stuffed Animals, and Sport Items.
You will have a Secret Pal at 4-H Camp, each camper is expected to give their Secret Pal a few small gifts throughout the week. Campers may bring 1-4 small gifts to give him/her or campers may purchase (candy, snacks, or drinks) from the canteen to give to their Secret Pal.
Items NOT Allowed at Camp
- No iPods, iPhones or other personal electronic devices are allowed at camp.
- Do not bring money or valuables to camp.
- Banned items: Aerosol Spray cans of odors or paint, Firearms, Fireworks, Alcoholic Beverages, Illegal Drugs, Any Non-Prescription Drugs, Knives, CDs, Magazines (of questionable content), Water Guns, and Tobacco Products of any kind.
- IF ANY OF THESE ITEMS ARE FOUND THEY WILL BE CONFISCATED. POSSESSION OF THESE ITEMS ARE GROUNDS FOR BEING SENT HOME.
- No refunds of camp fees will be given to campers who leave during the camp session if sent home.
Directions and Map
Jones Gulch YMCA Camp
11000 Pescadero Creek Road
La Honda, CA 94020
- Take CA 84/Woodside exit west toward Woodside (0.1 miles).
- Continue on CA 84/Woodside Road through the town of SkyLonda (you’ll see Alice’s Restaurant on the right), for approximately 8 miles.
- One mile past the town of La Honda, turn left onto Pescadero Road.
- After approximately one mile, follow the sharp bend to the right, staying on Pescadero Road.
- Follow the signs to YMCA Camp Jones Gulch, approximately 4 miles - to Jones Gulch Road
- Turn left onto Jones Gulch Road and follow to the Administration Building.
From CA 1/Cabrillo Hwy:
- Take Pescadero Creek Road east at Pescadero State Beach.
- Follow Pescadero Creek Road through the towns Pescadero and Loma Mar.
- After approximately 11 miles, turn right onto Jones Gulch Road.
- Follow Jones Gulch Road to the Administration Building.
Recommend printing out the driving direction since cell service is limited when you get closer to camp.
Here is the California Department of Transportation’s website to check for road conditions: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/hourlyPage.php their number to call before you head to camp: 1.800.427.7623