4-H scholarships awarded by the San Mateo County 4-H Club Council Scholarship I will range in amounts of $250 to $2,500 and will be judged on the basis of:
- 20% Leadership & Achievements in 4-H
- 20% Scholastic Record
- 25% 4-H Expression
- 20% Recommendations
- 15% Oral Interview
- Must be a graduating high school senior or above.
- Must be presently an active youth member and a member in good standing in the San Mateo/San Francisco Counties 4-H program. (Member in good standing must complete the enrollment process, be enrolled in at least one project, and comply with 4-H Member Code of Conduct)
- Pursuing a higher education after graduating high school.
- May reapply for a scholarship as long as you have not previously received one.
Application Deadline: April 11, 2022 by 5:00 PM
You need to address all four (4) criteria to be considered for a scholarship. Each applicant must include:
- Application: Complete online application (paper form available upon request).
- Transcript(s): Provide current transcript(s) - unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Upload to the online application.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: online (please provide them the online form link: https://ucanr.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6LFodup3YipZfNA). The person writing the recommendation must submit the letter. Paper form available upon request.
- Required one to be your current or former 4-H Community Club Leader/Adult Camp Leader.
- Others may be 4-H project leaders, teachers, counselors, employers, or other non-family references.
- 4-H Expression of your choice that can help us know you as a 4-Her, including your experience in 4-H, how you have benefited from the program, and how you have in turn given back to 4-H. This expression can take whatever form you like, such as an essay, a short story, a video, a display board, etc. You may wish to showcase skills you are proud of, your leadership experience, citizenship and service to others, including younger members. Upload to online application if it is in a digital format.
If the expression item is over 100 MB or not in an electronic form, you must make arrangements with the County 4-H Staff no later than 5 pm on April 11, 2022).
Oral interviews will be held on April 21, 2022. You will be notified by April 14, 2022 via email your interview time and zoom information. The interviews will occur during school or work hours (mid-afternoon). Please notify your teachers or employers.