4-H scholarships awarded by the San Mateo County 4-H Club Council Scholarship I will range in amounts of $250 to $2,500 and will be judged on the basis of:
- 20% Leadership & Achievements in 4-H
- 20% Scholastic Record
- 25% 4-H Expression
- 20% Recommendations
- 15% Oral Interview
General Instructions and Information
- Must be a graduating high school senior or above.
- Must be presently an active youth member and a member in good standing in the San Mateo/San Francisco Counties 4-H program. (Member in good standing must complete the enrollment process, be enrolled in at least one project, and comply with 4-H Member Code of Conduct)
- Pursuing a higher education after graduating high school.
- May reapply for a scholarship as long as you have not previously received one.
You need to address all four (4) criteria to be considered for a scholarship. Each applicant must include:
- Application: Complete online application or paper form application.
- Transcript(s): Provide current transcript(s) - downloaded unofficial transcripts are acceptable this year and may be uploaded in the online application or emailed to email@example.com if you select the paper form application process.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: online or paper form option available. NOTE: The person writing the recommendation must submit the letter.
- Required one to be your current or former 4-H leader.
- Others may be teachers, counselors, employers, or other non-family references.
- 4-H Expression of your choice that can help us know you as a 4-Her, including your experience in 4-H, how you have benefited from the program, and how you have in turn given back to 4-H. This expression can take whatever form you like, such as an essay, a short story, a video, a display board, etc. You may wish to showcase skills you are proud of, your leadership experience, citizenship and service to others, including younger members. Digital format is preferred this year.
If you are unable to submit your 4-H Expression digitally, please inform us immediately to make alternate arrangements for drop off. Please direct any questions to Dan Hogan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Scholarship I Administrator. You can also contact Zeva Cho (email@example.com) for technical questions on the online application/letter of recommendation.
Online application: Deadline April 5, 2021, no later than 11:59 PM.
- Online Application link: https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=32873
- Enter applicant's information in online application.
- Upload transcript(s) - downloaded versions are acceptable.
- Upload 4-H expression of your choice.
- Online Recommendation - https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=32879
Paper application: Deadline Postmarked by April 2, 2021.
- Paper Application
- Paper Recommendation
- Transcript(s) - unofficial transcripts are acceptable this year.
- 4-H Expression - if you are unable to digitize or mail your 4-H Expression, please arrange a time for drop off before April 2, 2021.
UCCE 4-H Youth Development Program
1500 Purisima Creek Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Oral interviews will be held in late April 2021. You will be notified by April 10, 2021 via email your interview time slot and zoom information. The interviews will occur during school or work hours (mid-afternoon). Please notify your teachers or employers.
Scholarship I recipients will be announced at the San Mateo County 4-H Council meeting on May 24, 2021. Your scholarship will be mailed to you in June.