4-H scholarships awarded by the San Mateo County 4-H Club Council Scholarship I will range in amounts of $250 to $2,500 and will be judged on the basis of:
- 20% Leadership & Achievements in 4-H
- 20% Scholastic Record
- 25% 4-H Expression
- 20% Recommendations
- 15% Oral Interview
General Instructions and Information
- Must be a graduating high school senior or above.
- Must be presently an active youth member and a member in good standing in the San Mateo/San Francisco Counties 4-H program.
- Pursuing a higher education after graduating high school.
- May reapply for a scholarship as long as you have not previously received one.
You need to address all four (4) criteria to be considered for a scholarship. Each applicant must include:
- Application: Complete online application or paper form application.
- Official Transcript: please have the school(s) send it directly to the UCCE 4-H Youth Development Program, Scholarship I: 1500 Purisima Creek Road, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019. Alternative: The school can email an official transcript to email@example.com.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: online or paper form option available
- Required one to be your current or former 4-H leader.
- Others may be teachers, counselors, employers, or other non-family references.
- 4-H Expression of your choice that can help us know you as a 4-Her, including your experience in 4-H, how you have benefited from the program, and how you have in turn given back to 4-H. This expression can take whatever form you like, such as an essay, a short story, a video, a display board, etc. You may wish to showcase skills you are proud of, your leadership experience, citizenship and service to others, including younger members.
Request your transcripts and recommendations immediately to make sure they arrive by the deadline. If you have any questions, contact Dan Hogan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Scholarship I Administrator. You can also contact Zeva Cho (email@example.com) for technical questions on the online application/letter of recommendation.
Online application: Application for 2020 is closed. Check back in Feb 2021.
- Online Application is closed
- Enter applicant's information: TBD
- Upload 4-H expression of your choice in the online application (if the expression is not in an electronic format, please drop off the item at the County 4-H office by 5 pm, April 6, 2020)
- Online Recommendation - please check back in February 2021
- Official Transcript(s) may be sent
- Via mail to the 4-H County Office (address below) must be postmarked by April 6, 2020 OR
- Alternative: The school can email an official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper application: Application for 2020 is closed. Check back in Feb 2021.
UCCE 4-H Youth Development Program
1500 Purisima Creek Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Oral interviews will be held April 28, 2020. You will be notified by April 10, 2020 via email your interview time slot and location. The interviews will occur during school or work hours (mid-afternoon). Please notify your teachers or employers.
Scholarship I recipients will be announced at the San Mateo County 4-H Council meeting on May 18, 2020. Your scholarship will be mailed to you.