San Mateo County 4-H Virtual Livestock Show
Please read the following information regarding eligibility, requirements, fee, deadline and schedule.
- Must be an active 4-H member in San Mateo County 4-H Program.
- Must be enrolled in the 4-H animal project for the entry.
- Must be the owner of the animal used in the video.
- Market: Steer, Hogs, Lamb, Goats, Rabbits, and Turkey
- Non-market/Showmanship: Dairy Goats, Dogs, Rabbits, and Poultry (i.e., chickens, ducks)
|June 5||Instructions/sample video(s) will be emailed to 4-H members who filled out the interest form (feel free to share with other San Mateo County 4-Hers).|
|June 6 - 16||Video of the exhibitors and their animals must be taken during this time period.|
|June 12||Registration opens at 7 AM.|
|June 16||Registration closes at 7 PM.|
|June 17||Virtual Stock Show will provide entry information to County 4-H Office to validate.|
|June 17||Classes and age division will be created (TBD - dependent on the number of entries).|
|June 18||Judging occurs.|
|June 22||Results will be announced.|
Parent or guardian must register and submit the video.
Awards will be given for these market animal categories:
- Market Beef Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
- Market Lamb Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
- Market Hog Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
- Market Goat Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
- Market Meat Pen Rabbit Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
- Market Single Fryer Rabbit Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
- Market Turkey Grand Champion and Reserve Champion; class 1st - 3rd
Awards will be given for these non-market animal categories:
- Dairy Goat; 1st - 3rd
- Dog showmanship; 1st - 3rd
- Poultry showmanship; 1st - 3rd
- Rabbit showmanship; 1st-3rd
We would like to thank our donors for their contributions to these awards.
Results can be found here: 2020 San Mateo County 4-H Virtual Livestock Show presentation
- Signature from project leader will NOT be required. We will verify with the project leader that you are part of the 4-H project.
- If the project meetings have not been completed due to the COVID-19 shelter in place order, submit what you have. If you did independent research, you should enter what you learned and count the hours.
- Primary members are not required to submit an APR.
- Email to email@example.com by June 16, no later than 7 PM with the exhibitor name, animal project on the subject line (example: Jane Doe, market beef).
|Category||Animal||Max # entries||Weight|
|Beef||2||min 950 lbs - no max|
|Lamb||2||min 100 lbs - no max|
|Hog||2||min 200 - max 300 lbs|
|Goat||2||min 55 lbs - no max|
|Rabbit (meat pen)||2||3.5 to 5.5 lbs each|
|Rabbit (single fryer)||2||3.5 to 5.5 lbs|
|Turkey||2||min 20 - max 35 lbs|
|Non-Market Animal/ Showmanship
Payment must be mailed and received at the 4-H County Office no later than Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
- If you decide not to enter the show and mailed in the entry fee, you must notify the office by June 16 to receive a full refund (full refund will not be given to entries that are disqualified for not meeting requirements).
- If payment is not received by June 16, your entry will be disqualified.
- Please write check* and mail to:
San Mateo County 4-H Council
1500 Purisima Creek Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
*only one check is needed for multiple youth members in a family; write youth names on the memo line.
Exhibitor Attire Requirements:
- Button down long sleeve shirt or short sleeve shirt
- Short sleeves are not allowed for poultry and rabbit exhibitors
- Long pants (jeans), no holes
- Shoes - no open toed shoes
- 4-H uniform is not required, but you may wear if desired
Animal Preparation for Show: Youth must be the only one to prepare/fit the animal for the virtual show just as they would have for our county fair.
- Video: Must be taken between June 6 to June 16. The instructions on how to take the video and the time limit can be found here. Please check back for final instructions for the market turkey and dairy goat.
- Weight: For market animals, please provide the weight at the time the video was taken in the entry form. If you do not have a scale readily available, please be sure the weight is taken within 24 to 48 hours from the time of the video.