General Instructions and Information
- Must be college freshman or above
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 units
You need to address all five (5) criteria to be considered for a scholarship. Each applicant must include:
- Essay* covering the following topics (max 500 words; spelling and grammar will be taken into consideration):
- How did your 4-H experiences influence your career aspirations and desire to pursue higher education?
- Describe in detail the community service you have performed in the last 12 months, inside and outside of the 4-H Youth Development Program.
- What strengths and leadership skills have you gained through the 4-H Youth Development Program?
- Transcript*: most recent transcript (downloaded transcripts is acceptable)
- Resume* (4-H or another format) Find the 4-H template here: http://4h.ucanr.edu/Resources/Members/4-H_Resumes/
- At least three Letter(s) of Recommendation,
- College related - teacher, professor, counselor, or staff member, someone familiar with the student’s current schooling.
- Community related - 4-H leader, community service advisor, etc.
- A personal reference from a non-related adult.
- Community service, volunteer and/or extra-curricular activities (within the last 12 months; describe in detail what you have done in the application and in the essay)
*You may upload essay, transcript and resume if you choose to submit via online application or mail it to the County 4-H Office.
In general, scholarships are awarded based on achievement (both academic and contributions to the community as demonstrated by the student’s work, 4-H ideals, and goals) and capacity for learning from experience, hard work, and perseverance. Scholarships are not awarded on financial need. First time applicants and re-applicants who have not received a Scholarship II Award previously will be considered first for funding. Then, re-applicants who have previously received a Scholarship II Award will be considered, subject to funds available. Re-applicants must apply in full each year.
Scholarships will be awarded on:
- 30% Essay
- 20% Resume
- 20% Letters of Recommendation
- 25% Community Service and Volunteerism over the last 12 months
- 5% Transcripts (High grade point average is not essential)
Paper application: DEADLINE, POSTMARK BY JULY 6, 2020 (will be available in April 2020)
- Paper Application
- Paper Recommendation
UCCE 4-H Youth Development Program
1500 Purisima Creek Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Online application: DEADLINE, no later than 11:59 pm on JULY 6, 2020 (application will be available in April 2020)
- Online Application
- Enter applicant's information
- Enter list of community service, volunteer and/or extra-curricular activities (in the last 12 months)
- Upload essay
- Upload transcript
- Upload resume
- Online Recommendation - please provide your references that you’ve chosen with this survey link to upload and submit their recommendations
Scholarship II recipients will be informed in August and announced at the September County Council meeting.