COVID-19 Information for 4-H In-person Activities
Effective Thursday, Dec 17 at 11:59 PM, San Mateo County will be under the Regional Stay at Home Order as virus cases, hospitalizations rise. All in-person meetings (i.e., project meetings) should be postponed per the order, "... prohibits private gatherings of any size..." Further details can be found here. You can still hold virtual meetings.
The University of California 4-H Youth Development Program has moved into phase two of its reopening plan. At this time, no one (including 4-H volunteers, families and members) is allowed to engage in-person 4-H meetings or programs without approval from San Mateo/San Francisco Counties Cooperative Extension County Director. Our safety plan incorporates both UC ANR and local county guidance and implements the more restrictive of the two.
4-H volunteers (youth and adult) must read and confirm understanding of the new guidelines, listed below, before holding any in-person meetings. 4-H adult volunteers are required to complete the COVID-19 Phase 2 - Project Leader In-person Activity Clearance Application to receive approval of limited in-person activities.
Please complete the San Mateo-SF Counties COVID-19 Training Verification Form for 4-H Volunteers to indicate that you have read and understand the mandatory reading.
In addition, the following seven mitigation protocols must be followed for all activities.
- Do not attend or participate in any in-person 4-H activities if you are sick or have COVID-19 systems (frequent cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell) or if you or someone you have been in contact with is
diagnosed with COVID-19. Participants will need to fill out the Health Screening Form. Contact 4-H County Office if you would like an online version (google account required).
- Maintain six feet of distance between people at all times. Outdoor meetings may be safer for in-person meetings.
- Wear face coverings (cloth or paper masks, cloth bandanas, etc.) at all times during in-person activities.
- No group meetings/gatherings/events with more than 10 persons – composed of 2 adults minimum (at least one appointed adult volunteer and another adult who is at least 21 years of age) and no more than 8 youth.
- Maintain sanitary practices – frequently clean and disinfect workspaces and equipment, wash hands often, and use hand sanitizer.
- Post 4-H COVID-19 poster at meeting location.
- Maintain a 4-H Attendance Log. For county leased farms, a Daily Visitor Log must be posted for members to sign in and out.
NOTE: Any unauthorized in-person activity will not be covered by 4-H insurance and the host(s) will be held responsible for any subsequent outcomes.
Forms and Links
Approval for in-person activities requirements:
- In-person Activity Clearance Application for approval.
- COVID-19 Training Verification for (4-H Volunteers - youth and adults)
- 4-H Guidance Poster (size 36" x24" for printing)
- Awareness of COVID-19
- Mitigation Standards Summary for COVID-19
In-Person Activity Forms:
County of San Mateo COVID-19 Graphics and Images: https://cmo.smcgov.org/covid-19-graphics-and-images-social-media-and-other-uses