UC Cooperative Extension Ventura County
669 County Square Dr. Suite 100
Ventura CA 93003
Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please phone ahead as staff schedules vary due to COVID-19.
We are also available via phone and email.
Click here for our office directory: Contact/Staff Info
Master Gardener Program
There are so many reasons to garden! Research indicates that school, home and community garden efforts provide benefits across the board, including
- evidence that children who garden consume more fruits and vegetables;
- improved academic performance;
- reduced food costs for families;
- a healthier environment for communities;
- and improved food-security and nutrition for families, communities and the nation.
These are just a few reasons to garden!
A. James Downer, PhD
Farm Advisor for Horticultural and Plant Pathology and Master Gardener Program Supervisor - U.C. Cooperative Extension, Ventura County