Follow all verified local emergency instructions for evacuation to help fire crews protect our communities. If a wildfire is approaching, follow these steps to minimize risk to yourself and property:
- Do not rely solely on emergency services. Damaged infrastructure can stop alert messages from getting to you. If you feel unsafe, evacuate.
- Stay updated on evacuation orders: check the CalFire Incident Information Page, your local Office of Emergency Services or sheriff's department websites, and local news stations for the most up to date information.
- Many local offices have verified Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Sign up for mobile alerts: install CodeRED, and NIXLE on your mobile device to have emergency evacuation notices sent directly to your phone.
- Save your receipts: save receipts for motels and other evacuation-related expenses to help with the insurance process during recovery.
Use this Pre-Evacuation Order Checklist to prioritize your actions based on evacuation order status.